The Grade Appeal Committee is organized by the VP of Academic Affairs. It is made up of ad hoc committee members comprising of faculty.
You may only appeal the final grade for a course. You may appeal if:
- You are able to demonstrate that an inappropriate grade was assigned as a result of prejudice, or mechanical error, or inconsistent grading as assigned to other students.
- You wish to challenge the reduction of a grade for alleged academic dishonesty.
Filing an Informal Grade Appeal
Contact your instructor to request a grade change. If this step fails to resolve the issue, then follow the steps below.
- Prepare and submit a written appeal, no later than 15 calendar days after the start of the following regular semester to the VPAA.
- It will be reviewed by the Grade Appeals Committee formed by the VPAA within 10 days to determine if a hearing is needed.
- If needed, a hearing will be scheduled within 15 days after notification is given to both parties.
- A written decision is sent to both parties within 3 days of the hearing conclusion.
- Both parties have 6 days to appeal the decision in writing to the Grade Appeals Committee.
The Grade Appeals Committee will review the petition and make a final decision.