AIC is a Weapons-free campus and strongly prohibits the carrying or using of weapons on campus.
The definition of weapons is as follows: any tool, instrument, or material that can be used to cause injury or harm to another individual or object on campus. This includes, but is not limited to,
- any loaded or unloaded device, which is designed to shoot a bullet, pellet, flare, or any projectile,
- any type of explosive device or explosive material,
- any type of cutting instrument, such as a knife, blade, saw, razor, etc.
- any object that can be used for destruction or physical harm, like clubs, blocks, metal knuckles, etc.
- any toy that can be mistaken for a weapon.
The campus is defined as that which comprises the main building, dormitory, parking lots, playgrounds and recreational spaces, entryways to the buildings and lots and the perimeter of the grounds enclosed by fencing.
Thus, all who are on campus must abide by this policy, even if the person has a license to carry a weapon. Only law enforcement is exempted from this policy.