Date: March 26-27 and April 2-3, 2022
Time: 10am – 6pm each day
This course gives an overview of the structure, themes, and guidance contained in each of the 114 chapters of the Noble Qur’an. This was achieved through the systematic study of each of the chapters.
In this course, we will look at:
- Surah names and their relation to the historical context of their revelation (Asbab al-Nuzul)
- The inter-textual relationship and coherence (Nazm) between verses of each Surah and the relationship with preceding/following Surahs
- Cross-referenced parts of the Qur’an in order to demonstrate how the “Qur’an explains itself.
- Explanation of key passages in each chapter
- Practical guidance and lessons that can be derived from each Surah.
We will also discuss the linguistic and stylistic devices (Balaghah) used in the Qur’an, and some of the discourse around with translations, such as having alternative plausible interpretations.