Having recently achieved regional candidacy for accreditation from the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) American Islamic College is now hiring for the position of VPAA.
AIC is seeking a visionary, thoroughly experienced, and competent leader to serve as its new VP for Academic Affairs. A PhD degree is required, preferably in a field that supports AIC’s mission. A strong and diverse record of teaching experience in the United States and hands-on experience in higher ed administration are essential. Expertise in the development of academic curricula, assessment and accreditation, faculty governance, promotion and tenure, budgeting, strategic planning, and the use of technology is required. The candidate must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills as well as demonstrated abilities in academic leadership and management. Ideally, the candidate should possess demonstrated experience in preparing reports, inclusive of supportive documentation, for external regulatory agencies. The new VP must have the abilities to formulate and implement sound policies and be able to identify, consult, and resolve institutional needs and priorities related to academic affairs.
Job duties and responsibilities are provided below. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Work closely with the AIC President in strategic planning and implementing the academic program.
- Serve as AIC’s primary liaison with the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) and Illinois Board of Higher Education (IBHE).
- As a member of and in collaboration with AIC’s Executive Council (EC), oversee preparation for the College’s biennial evaluation (2022) by HLC and its subsequent report for initial accreditation by 2024.
- Grow faculty governance institutions and oversee faculty development, recruitment, and evaluation, as well as academic staff recruitment and management.
- Supervise matters relating to curriculum and instruction, scheduling, summer programs, etc.
- Be responsible for adherence to the academic affairs budget.
- Provide the President with advisory recommendations on all academic appointments, promotional matters, tenure, etc. Initiate and direct divisional reviews.
- Establish yearly goals and objectives and lead the program directors, faculty, and staff in achieving each set of goals and objectives.
- Provide leadership in structuring and achieving processes in alignment with the outlined standards of the Higher Learning Commission and the Illinois Board of Higher Education.
- Ensure that faculty and staff receive proper instructions and guidelines for taking necessary steps related to regulatory requirements.
- Supervise data collection and analysis necessary for accreditation and cognate federal and state-level regulatory reports.
- Plan and organize student admission policies for the AIC programs.
Contract Duration: Initial hire will be for a renewable three-year contract, starting Summer or Fall 2020
Please send resume with cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address to HR@aicusa.edu.