American Islamic College is seeking a qualified, dynamic, self-starting, goal-oriented candidate to serve as our chief Recruitment Officer as we grow, diversify, and evolve into a full-fledged university. The new Recruitment Officer will be responsible for online, high school, and community college outreach with the goal of growing the College’s enrollment in a steady and progressive manner that reflects the College’s evolving mission and strategic plan.
The Recruitment Officer will create and implement seasonal and annual recruitment plans, manage student recruitment initiatives (including but not limited to, college fairs, open houses, Muslim conventions, and Islamic events), assist prospective students in their application process, and welcome new students, both in person and on-line. Additionally, the new Recruitment Officer will be a core team member in evaluating and developing marketing materials needed for recruitment and outreach. This position requires close collaboration with the Registrar and Admissions Office, the Student Services Coordinator, and the Development Officer, in addition to faculty and staff more generally.
The Recruitment Officer must have excellent communication skills, both oral and written, and be both comfortable and capable when speaking publicly. The Recruitment Officer must be personable, energetic, responsive, and customer-service oriented. Familiarity with enrollment trends and higher education recruitment strategies is expected.
Preferred Qualifications & Experience:
- A BA or BS, preferably in a related or complementary field.
- Experience working in higher education, marketing, and/or public relations.
- Understanding of current market trends in higher education and enrollment management practices.
- Knowledge of strategic institutional branding and marketing.
- Commitment to inclusion, diversity, and equity.
- Ability to travel regularly and transport recruitment materials and displays.
- Availability for evening and weekend hours.
- Public speaking and writing skills.
- Experience with event planning.
- Experience working with diverse populations.
- Basic familiarity with Word, Excel, database software tools.
- Skilled understanding of how to utilize social media for campus recruiting.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to cultivate and manage relationships with diverse stakeholders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creating and implementing a comprehensive recruitment plan for the College.
- Functioning as an official representative of the College at conventions, college fairs, and other recruiting events.
- Staying on top of recruiting and outreach opportunities in the city, state, region, and beyond.
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of AIC’s mission & vision, admissions policies, undergraduate and graduate degree programs, course offerings, financial aid information, campus events, and student life.
- Evaluating and developing recruitment & marketing materials.
- Coordinating recruiting events, such as open houses, counselor luncheons, transfer & new student “College Days,” orientation, etc.
- Communicating with prospective students via phone, email, mail.
- Utilizing AIC’s social media outlets as a means for recruitment, marketing, and outreach.
- Standing ready to work occasional evenings and weekends, as needed.
- Traveling for recruiting events.
- Submitting reports relating to recruiting targets, events and outcomes.
- Observing, analyzing, and interpreting regional, state, national, and international enrollment trends
All inquiries should be addressed to HR@aicusa.edu
Applicants should apply by sending a letter of application, CV, and list of three professional references to HR@aicusa.edu. Please write DEVELOPMENT SEARCH in the subject heading of your email.
AIC’S Commitment to Equity, Diversity, and Accessibility
American Islamic College is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive full consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, diverse ability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
American Islamic College serves a diverse student body and is committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from African Americans, racialized persons/persons of color, women, First Nations/Aboriginal Peoples of North America, persons with disabilities, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of our community and intellectual culture.
The College strives to be an equitable and inclusive community for all and proactively seeks to make our recruitment, assessment and selection processes as accessible as possible. If you require any accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please let us know.