Welcoming students of all faiths and backgrounds, American Islamic College (AIC) is a Chicago-based institution of higher learning grounded in Islamic values and steeped in Islam’s rich and diverse intellectual and cultural traditions. AIC promotes appreciation for the scope and richness of Islamic history and civilization both in and beyond the classroom by means of significant research, impactful teaching, and informative public events highlighting Islam’s intellectual, artistic, and cultural expressions. Through rigorous scholarship and a commitment to social justice, the collective good, civic involvement, interfaith understanding, and intercultural engagement, AIC prepares students to become critical thinkers, visionary leaders, and responsible global citizens.
AIC offers rigorous and professionally sound undergraduate and graduate programs that prepare students to take up educational, pastoral leadership, and policy-making roles in American society and to serve as a resource for American institutions and individuals seeking academically anchored and culturally competent knowledge about Islam and Muslims.
American Islamic College is seeking a qualified, dynamic, self-starting, goal-oriented candidate to serve as the College’s chief Recruitment & Admissions Officer as we grow, diversify, and evolve into a full-fledged and fully accredited university. The Recruitment & Admissions Officer is responsible for online, high school, community college, undergraduate and postbaccalaureate outreach with the goal of growing the College’s undergraduate and graduate enrollments in a steady and progressive manner that reflects the College’s evolving mission and strategic plan, while also serving as an admissions advisor during the application and matriculation process.
The Recruitment & Admissions Officer will respond to inquiries, create and implement seasonal and annual recruitment plans, manage student recruitment initiatives (including but not limited to, college fairs, open houses, Muslim conventions, and Islamic events), assist prospective students in their application process, and welcome new students, both in person and on-line. Additionally, the Recruitment & Admissions Officer will be a core team member in evaluating and developing marketing materials needed for recruitment and outreach. This position requires close collaboration with the Registrar, the Student Services Coordinator, and the Marketing & Communications Officer, in addition to faculty and staff more generally.
The Recruitment & Admissions Officer must have excellent communication skills, both oral and written, and be both comfortable and capable when speaking publicly. The Recruitment & Admissions Officer must be personable, energetic, responsive, and customer-service oriented. Familiarity with enrollment trends and higher education recruitment strategies is expected.
Qualifications & Experience:
- A BA or BS in a related or complementary field (MA or MEd preferred)
- Experience working in higher education, marketing, and/or public relations.
- Thorough understanding of current market trends in higher education and enrollment management practices that relate to both undergraduate and graduate domains
- Commitment to inclusion, diversity, and equity.
- Commitment to student-centered, quality assistance
- Ability to travel regularly and transport recruitment materials and displays
- Flexible work schedule, availability for evening and weekend hours
- Public speaking and writing skills
- Experience with event planning.
- Ability to work in a culturally competent manner with diverse individuals and communities
- Basic familiarity with Word, Excel, database software tools.
- Skilled understanding of how to utilize social media for campus recruiting
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to cultivate and manage relationships with diverse stakeholders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creating and implementing a comprehensive recruitment plan for the College
- Functioning as an official representative of the College at conventions, undergraduate and graduate college fairs, and other recruiting events
- Staying on top of recruiting and outreach opportunities across the city, state, region, and beyond
- Aligning with the College’s mission and vision and maintaining up-to-date knowledge of AIC’s admissions policies, undergraduate and graduate degree programs, course offerings, financial aid information, campus events, and student life
- Evaluating and developing recruitment materials.
- Coordinating recruiting events, such as open houses, counselor luncheons, transfer & new student “College Days,” orientation, etc.
- Communicating with prospective students and their parents via phone, email, mail
- Standing ready to work occasional evenings and weekends, as needed.
- Traveling for recruiting events
- Submitting reports relating to recruiting targets, events and outcomes
- Observing, analyzing, and interpreting regional, state, national, and international enrollment trends
- Assist and advise students thoroughly in the admissions and matriculation process
- Representing the College appropriately and responsibly as the first point of contact
All inquiries should be addressed to HR@aicusa.edu
Applicants should apply by sending a letter of application, CV, and list of three professional references to HR@aicusa.edu. Please write RECRUITMENT & ADMISSIONS SEARCH in the subject heading of your email.
AIC’S Commitment to Equity, Diversity, and Accessibility
American Islamic College is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive full consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, diverse ability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
American Islamic College serves a diverse student body and is committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from African Americans, racialized persons/persons of color, women, First Nations/Aboriginal Peoples of North America, persons with disabilities, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of our community and intellectual culture.
The College strives to be an equitable and inclusive community for all and proactively seeks to make our recruitment, assessment and selection processes as accessible as possible. If you require any accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please let us know.