Summary of Position:
The Recruitment Officer is responsible for growing enrollment that reflects the College’s mission and strategic plan. The Officer will create and implement an annual recruitment plan, manage student recruitment initiatives including but not limited to, college fairs, open houses, and Islamic conventions, assist prospective students in their application process and new students in acclimating to the campus. Additionally, the Officer will be responsible for evaluating and developing marketing materials needed for recruitment and outreach. This position requires collaboration with the Registrar and Admissions Office, student life and campus events, Director of Development, faculty, staff, and alumni in leading recruitment efforts.
The Recruitment Officer must have excellent communication skills, both oral and written, to include public speaking. The Officer must be personable, energetic, and customer-service oriented. This position requires travel and some weeknight and weekend hours. The Recruitment Officer must exhibit some familiarity with enrollment trends, higher education recruitment strategies, the job market, and the community the College aims to serve.
- Experience working in higher education, community-based organization, or marketing.
- Understanding of and experience with current market trends in higher education with familiarity of enrollment management practices.
- Knowledge of strategic institutional branding and marketing.
- Committed to inclusion, diversity and equity.
- Associate’s degree
- Work experience related to recruitment, marketing and/or public relations.
- Ability to travel regularly and to load and transport recruitment materials and displays.
- Availability for evening and weekend hours.
- Effective public speaking and writing skills.
- Experience in coordinating events
- Experience in working with college-age and nontraditional populations.
- Experience working with diverse populations.
- Basic familiarity with Word, Excel, database software tools, as well as, Canva
- Skilled understanding of how to utilize social media best practices for campus recruiting.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Ability to cultivate and manage relationships with diverse stakeholders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and implement a Recruitment Plan
- Function as an official representative of the College at college fairs and other recruiting events
- Familiarize oneself with recruiting and outreach opportunities in the city, state, region, and beyond
- Strategize which recruiting events AIC should attend and reserve its participation
- Maintain knowledge of AIC mission, vision, admissions policies, undergraduate and graduate degree programs, course offerings, financial aid information, campus events, and student life
- Exhibit excellent and effective communication skills, both oral and written, to an external audience/public speaking
- Develop and implement marketing strategies to attract and enroll students
- Evaluate, develop, and keep an inventory of marketing materials
- Coordinate recruitment events, e.g. counselor luncheons, transfer & new student “College Days,” orientation, etc.
- Assist in communicating via phone, email, mail with prospective students
- Assist with utilizing AIC’s social media outlets as a means for recruitment, marketing, and outreach
- Assist with any public communication, oral or written, as it pertains to AIC image and thus, recruitment
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
- Ability to travel for recruiting events
- Submit reports of recruiting events and outcomes
- Observe, analyze, and interpret regional, state, national, and international enrollment trends
- Evaluate marketing and recruitment efforts as they relate to the budget and outcomes
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work in consultation with related parties
- Ability to work thoughtfully, paying attention to detail
- Ability to employ creativity
- Willingness to be flexible with work schedule
- Capable of speaking publicly and being the official representative of the College and its brand/image.
- Ability to research effective recruitment methods and enrollment trends
- The successful candidate will be one who is resourceful, reliable, goal-oriented, self-motivated, takes initiative, and is able to work both independently and with a group in an optimal way.
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- Official Transcript
Please send resume with cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address to HR@aicusa.edu.