Reporting to the Vice President for Academic Affairs (VPAA), this is a part-time (.5 FTE) administrative position that could grow into a full-time, salaried position (with benefits) within 6-12 months. The SSSC is responsible for providing support for AIC’s undergraduate and graduate students in a variety of areas, including academic coaching and advisement, wellness counseling, and undergraduate internship placement and oversight. The Student Support Services Coordinator will also provide referrals for professional support (such as psychological/psychiatric assessment and/or therapy) whenever needed.
- Provide Internship/Externship information
- Assist in coordinating internships for AIC students’ service engagement course
- Review students’ resumes
- Help prepare students for interviews
- Keep a record of the number of times students utilize career services
- Financial support and literacy
Academic Coaching & Advisement:
- Study skills development
- Tutoring referrals
- Assisting, reporting, and coordinating accommodations for students with varying abilities.
- Mental and emotional support for students, faculty, and staff
- Serving as the AIC community “Confidential Advisor” (a role separate from the Title IX Officer)
- Provide guidance related to Federal TRIO programs
- Keep records of student complaints.
- Report academic complaints to the VPAA and Title IX offenses to the Title IX Coordinator.
- Uphold the student affairs policies and become familiar with the procedures.
- Work with relevant offices to ensure the safety and security of the students and to provide essential support services to meet student needs.
- Track how many students utilize the services provided.
- Guide and assist students who want to start or restart a Student Organization/Club.
- Assist students with the planning of events by directing them to the appropriate offices for submitting their requests and obtaining permission.
- Advise to the Director of College Programs and/or the VPAA concerning matters and concerns relating to students.
- 3-5 years of relevant and demonstrated experience with positive recommendations or performance reviews.
- A Master’s degree in Education, Counseling, Psychology, Student Personnel Services, or a relevant field is preferred.
- A positive, personable, empathetic, and collaborative spirit
- A commitment to team-building and customer service
- Superlative communication skills
All inquiries should be addressed to HR@aicusa.edu
Applicants should apply by sending a letter of application, CV, and list of three professional references to HR@aicusa.edu. Please write ‘STUDENT SUPPORT SERVICES COORDINATOR’ in the subject heading of your email.
AIC’S Commitment to Equity, Diversity, and Accessibility
American Islamic College is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive full consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, diverse ability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
American Islamic College serves a diverse student body and is committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from African Americans, racialized persons/persons of color, women, First Nations/Aboriginal Peoples of North America, persons with disabilities, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of our community and intellectual culture.
The College strives to be an equitable and inclusive community for all and proactively seeks to make our recruitment, assessment and selection processes as accessible as possible. If you require any accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please let us know.