American Islamic College is seeking a qualified, dynamic, self-starting candidate to serve as our chief Development Officer as we grow, diversify, and evolve into a full-fledged university. The new Development Officer will be responsible for cultivating long-term relationships with key stakeholders in the wider community, securing grants and private donations, and creating fundraisers to establish a strong base of philanthropic support for the College, its programs, and its endowment fund.
Reporting to the VP of Finance and Operations and, ultimately, the President, the new Development Officer will work with the Board’s Fundraising Committee to design and enact a strategic and comprehensive fundraising plan that will reach local, national, and international donors. While the workload is expected to be virtual through the spring and summer, some travel will be required in the post-pandemic period. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required.
- A BA or BS, preferably in a related or complementary field.
- Candidate must bring at least two years of demonstrated successful fundraising experience, preferably in an educational environment.
- Candidate must be a superlative communicator, with excellent writing and speaking skills.
- Candidate must have experience with corporate communications and marketing.
- Candidate must demonstrate a working knowledge of public relations, fundraising, donor cultivation, and the non-profit world.
- Candidate must be able and willing to attend programs/events to network.
- Candidate must endorse and uphold American Islamic College’s Mission, Philosophy, & Vision.
- Salary will be commensurate with experience.
All inquiries should be addressed to HR@aicusa.edu
Applicants should apply by sending a letter of application, CV, and list of three professional references to HR@aicusa.edu. Please write DEVELOPMENT SEARCH in the subject heading of your email.
AIC’S Commitment to Equity, Diversity, and Accessibility
American Islamic College is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive full consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, diverse ability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
American Islamic College serves a diverse student body and is committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from African Americans, racialized persons/persons of color, women, First Nations/Aboriginal Peoples of North America, persons with disabilities, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of our community and intellectual culture.
The College strives to be an equitable and inclusive community for all and proactively seeks to make our recruitment, assessment and selection processes as accessible as possible. If you require any accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please let us know.